Brunswick Bravo 2019 is a province-wide emergency preparedness exercise planned for October 23, 2019 in New Brunswick.
This one-day exercise will give communities, municipalities, First Nations and local service districts an opportunity to practise their respective roles during an emergency event. All New Brunswick communities are invited to participate and take advantage of this learning opportunity in emergency response planning.
The exercise scenario will be a continuation of Exercise Brunswick Alpha and revolve around a weather event unfolding across the province. Advanced weather reporting, simulated social media, and web-based news reporting will add to the realism of the experience. Further details will be developed and discussed at the initial planning conference in Fredericton on Sept 24.
- The New Brunswick Emergency Measures Organization
- The Canadian Armed Forces, through Joint Task Force Atlantic
- Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Regional Emergency Management Coordinators
- Participating New Brunswick communities
- GNB partners and organizations to be identified
Amateur radio will participate at the provincial level, and also at many regional and municipal emergency operation centres. More details will be provided as the event draws near.