The objectives of the IRG for this exercise are:
- To verify support communications ability between the Provincial Emergency Operation Centre (PEOC) and the Point Lepreau Nuclear Generating Station Off-site Emergency Operation Centre (PLNGS OEOC)
- To verify support communications ability between PEOC or PLNGS OEOC to other departments or agencies who also have an amateur radio back-up plan as part of their EOC operation (Department of Health, hospitals, municipalities, or others)
- To establish an ad-hoc communications test between agencies (i.e. a reception centre or other satellite location) involved during the exercise, to verify ability to communicate in the event of failure or absence of telephone or internet.
- To verify radio communications ability to locations outside of the exercise area. Specific test contacts may be initiated with stations in Ottawa (ON), Halifax (NS), Machias (ME) and / or Augusta (ME) to simulate loss of communications via normal means, or to verify ability in case of loss of normal comms.
- To practice and identify weakness in our internal notification process.
- To practice and identify weakness in our protocols while activated.